ISD 316 Greenway
Current Distance Learning Plan 2019-2020
This document is subject to change and will be updated as directed or as opportunities change.
** Information updated as of 4/28/2020
Governor Walz’s Executive Order 20-19 declared that public school districts and charter schools will implement distance learning plans, effective March 30, 2020.
** As per Governor Walz, distance learning will continue for the remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year.
The purpose of Greenway's Distance Learning plan is to ensure that every student receives an equitable education and has equal access to learning and instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is important to note that distance learning does not always mean e-learning or online learning.
As ISD 316 implements a distance learning model, we will ensure that the Federal and State requirements will be followed. We will ensure students are able to participate in their learning equitably and have access to all relevant services and supports by adhering to the following practices:
Curriculum: What materials and resources will be used?
When necessary, paper packets or worksheets, which could be distributed daily by bus route or collected several times a week at a central location.
Online resources : Google Classroom, Schoology, Webex.
Instruction via Google Classroom, WebEx, and Schoology.
Delivery & Communication: How will we communicate with parents and children? What mechanisms will we use to deliver the instruction?
Equity: How will we ensure that students have equitable access to learning?
Devices are available to all K-12 students.
District has ordered 200 mobile hotspots to assist students and families without internet capabilities. District will begin roll out of these hotspots when we receive them.
Special Education & Support: What resources are in place to support students’ academic, behavioral, social, and emotional needs? How will we ensure special education services continue to be delivered in an appropriate way?
- School nurses, school counselors, school psychologists, school social workers and other school specialists, academic interventionists and cultural liaisons will continue to communicate with students through general course work or daily contact.
- Students that have unique learning needs, require special education supports, and/or are English Language Learners have a personalized distance learning plan in place focused on the goals of their IEP or 504 plan.
- ISD 316 has an elementary and secondary crisis team that provides a coordinated crisis response for students and families EC-grade 12.
- ISD 316 Social Workers, Principal, and Mental Health staff in both buildings will be connecting on a regular basis with students and assisting families that are in need of mental health, food, and other crisis supports are connected to the various community resources available through Itasca County Health and Human Services.
- Grade level teachers will meet at least weekly with special education and academic intervention teachers to coordinate supports and differentiate for students based on progress.
- Schedule: What will be the organizational structure of the schedule?
During distance learning education, ISD 316 will not allow for the release of protected student or staff information, and follow appropriate data practices.
All district issued Chromebooks are internet filtered. These protections are not fool proof and parents and guardians should continue to monitor your child's internet use. The district will not be liable for any inappropriate or undesirable content that may happen with internet browsing.